Ease into casual elegance with this block heel sandal named after Dian Fossey, renowned primatologist and gorilla conservation pioneer (fun fact: gorillas are vegetarians!). This spring and summer staple is designed for the great outdoors and saving your heels from sinking into grass or gravel. Sustainably fashioned from vegan materials for you to stride forth in total comfort and confidence. Change it up with its chic reversible strap to suit your OOTD.
- 50mm / 2.0" heel
- Bio-based apple peel leather upper
- Impact-absorbing algae insole
- Cushioned footbed with extra arch support
- Padded bands for added comfort and anti-friction relief
- Durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole
- True to U.S. size
- USDA certified bio-based apple peel leather upper
- Plush algae foam cushion
- Soft & breathable microfiber lining
- This apple leather is made from 66% bio-based content. The peels from approximately 40 organic apples were repurposed to make a pair of Lucy mules.
- Replacing more than 30% of petroleum in traditional foam, algae biomass forms the soft, durable, and lightweight cushioning support. One pair of algae insoles contributes to 3 liters of clean water returned to the habitat and 2 cubic meters of clean air.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
Complimentary shipping and returns within the U.S. for purchases over $100. International shipping is also available. Last Call items are not eligible for returns or exchanges. See full details on our shipping & returns page.
In order to keep your shoes in good condition, we recommend keeping them away from extreme light, heat and humidity, and avoid contact with abrasive surfaces and materials. Clean gently as needed using a clean, dry, soft cloth, and consult a professional cobbler for more extensive cleaning needs.
*Note: For vegan suede, a soft bristle suede brush can be used to brush any debris.